Sunday, April 14, 2013

If you have to detour . . .

This past week was not a good one for writing or research. Every night I either worked late, or had something I had to take care of after school and so didn't get home until late. I don't know about you, but when your alarm goes off at 5 a.m. every day so you can leave the house by 6:30 to be at work on time, 5:30 p.m. is L-A-T-E to get home. Because then you have to take care of the dog, cook dinner, and all that stuff that we do to keep a semblance of a functioning life. And then you fall into bed exhausted at 9 p.m. if you are lucky.

So, no. Not a good week for writing. And then I worked all day yesterday on a different project. But I enjoyed it and I learned something! I have been working on a project to show certain native nuts and berries that are being planted at our tribal center. Here are some of the yummy photogenic yummy props I worked with:
Raspberries





Filberts/Hazelnuts









Blueberries

I eat props, by the way.







I have never used my Photoshop CS5 to make a collage before, so this was a challenge, to say the least. But here is what I came up with to include the fruit/nut, the leafage and the nutrition of each (and yes, I had to type each of those Nutritional Information labels):


And now I will get back to my timeline research for my book!

Happy writing, and if you have to take a detour, at least learn something from it.


*For more information on the Sappony, please see the official tribal website and this guide.




No comments:

Post a Comment